Managing our operations with sustainability in mind.
Minimising the impact on our environment is an important part of what we do at Aim Lab Automation Technologies, and we’re always looking for ways to do business better. We start by educating our people and controlling our work practices.
Aim Lab is committed to minimising our impact on the Environment through initiatives that aim to consistently divert materials from landfills and save thousands of dollars per year.
Aim Lab’s environmental initiatives include:
- Waste Reduction
- Office Recycling
- Cardboard Recycling
- Computer Equipment Recycling
Aim Lab aims to reduce:
- The amount of excess printed materials ordered and discarded by introducing digital records
- Excessive office paper consumption
- Passing on excess packaging to other vendors for reuse
Aim Lab’s Office Recycling program focuses on waste that can be easily recycled by employees. Colour-coded recycling bins are available throughout the office to limit contamination of recyclable materials with non-recyclable materials, including:
- Non-confidential/white paper
- Mixed recycling
- Soft plastics
Aim Lab doesn’t stop there:
- Toner cartridges and other forms of e-waste are collected and recycled.
- Scrap metal and battery disposal procedures
- Freight consolidation through both our supply chain and customer base.
- Minimising product volume through compact designs
Corrugated cardboard packing is collected and sent to other vendors for reuse. A contracted waste disposal company recycles any remaining cardboard that cannot be used by vendors.
Computer Equipment Recycling
Used computer equipment is collected and sent to a third-party asset recovery vendor for recycling or re-manufacture.