PathFinder sample racks have been designed to compliment PathFinder laboratory automation platforms for automating the processing of sample collection tubes in a pathology laboratory. The PathFinder rack design has been optimized for:
- High positional accuracy required for reliable, high speed automation.
- Robust construction to give long operational life.
- High volume manufacturing to keep the cost affordable.
Key Benefits of PathFinder Racks
- Indexed sample well positions.
- Provision for barcode labeling.
- Multiple re-use.
- Suitable for low temperature storage (down to -80 deg C).
- PF20, PF50 and PFC50 racks have poka-yoke feature to ensure the rack is locked in the correct orientation.
Types of PathFinder Racks
- 20 well “PF20” rack for use as a generic low volume automation rack.
- 50 well “PF50” rack for use as a generic high volume automation and storage rack.
- 128 well “PF128” rack specifically for use as a high capacity storage rack for PathFinder foil sealed 12 – 13mm diameter sample tubes.
- 50 well self-centering rack “PFC50” for use as in input rack on PathFinder systems fitted with high force grippers*